- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Town of Ontario plow destroyed by flames while clearing roads
- Updated: January 4, 2014
On Wednesday (1/1) at 3:30 a.m., Gary Kotvis was working his plow/salt route on Walworth Ontario Road near Paddy Lane Town. The Town of Ontario truck driver heard a noise. Within seconds, a flame erupted in the cab of the 2001 Sterling 10-wheel truck.
Kotvis immediately pulled over, out of the roadway, away from houses and power lines, and leaped from the burning cab. The truck became fully engulfed and the truck was deemed a total loss within minutes.
According to newly elected Town Supervisor John Smith, the Town of Marion Highway is helping Ontario out, lending a hand keeping the roadways clear until a replacement truck is purchased.
Smith said the cause of the fire could have been mechanical or electrical. They are uncertain at this time.
The Ontario Fire Department rushed to the scene to extinguish the flames and the destroyed truck was towed to the Highway barns. The truck was fully insured.