- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Save-A-Lot grocery store opening in Ontario
- Updated: February 1, 2014
According to Ontario Supervisor John Smith, “Work on the new Save-A-Lot is moving along with significant infrastructure improvement.” The grocery store is coming to the old Ames Plaza now called Restone Plaza. A ground opening is anticipated sometime late March. Job applications are available at the Ontario Town Hall.
“I did not really even know the area, but Save-A-Lot presented the space to me, and I took it,” said Suzanne Schmitz, franchise owner.
This will be the third Save-A-Lot store for the 30 year old franchisee. She also owns stores in Mount Morris and West Seneca, and will also be preparing to open one in Blasdell, NY soon (near Hamburg).
The Ontario Save-A-Lot store will encompass 20,000 square feet in the plaza with 13,000 square feet for the sales floor and 7,000 for stockroom. Schmitz expects to hire a manager and about 20 employees.
Suzanne shared that she has worked for Save-A-Lot stores since she was about 16 and now is an owner. This will be the third Save-A-Lot in Wayne County – the other two in Newark and Clyde. Save-A-Lot has more than 1,3400 stores nationwide.
Save-A-Lot brings discount groceries to neighborhoods across the US. Customers enjoy grocery store bargains on exclusive Save-A-Lot brands and national brands, plus USDA-inspected beef, pork and poultry, farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and non-food items. The time-saving set-up of Save-A-Lot stores, combined with quality discount groceries, allows them to offer great food at great prices, every day. Save-A-Lot is a wholly owned subsidiary of SUPERVALU INC., a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest companies in the United States grocery channel.