- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Palmyra woman killed in head-on motorcycle crash
- Updated: August 22, 2014
State Police responded to a report of a motorcycle crash on Route 104 in the Town of Williamson, in front of the Bad to the Bone restaurant at about 12:35 p.m. on Friday (8/22).
According to police, Doreen Kordzikowski age 60, of Daansen Road in Palmyra was eastbound on Route 104. A box truck had slowed down to make a turn into the restaurant. In turn, a pick up truck behind the box truck also stopped. The motorcycle failed to stop, clipping the driver’s side rear of the pick-up truck, then travelling into the westbound lane.
Kordzikowski’s motorcycle was hit head-on by a vehicle driven by William McKee, age 67, of Sodus Point. Kordzikowski was killed instantly.
This was the second fatal motorcycle accident involving a female operator in her 60s in the last two weeks. On Monday (8/11), at approximately 11:45 a.m., the State Police in Williamson responded to a serious accident at the intersection of Routes 104 and 21 in the Town of Williamson.
Sandra Cummings, age 62, from Newark, was killed after the motorcycle she was operating was struck when a vehicle failed to yield the right of way.