- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Palmyra man charged with 7th DWI
- Updated: February 7, 2014
State Police in Lyons reported attempting to stop a vehicle on Thursday (2/6) afternoon headed eastbound on Route 31 in Palmyra for Speeding. The vehicle increased its speed from 73 miles per hour to 88 before it was finally stopped.
The vehicle operator, Thomas Dargenio, age 58, of 201 Canal Street in Palmyra was believed to be intoxicated, but refused to provide a breath sample. A record check showed Dargenio had his driving privileges revoked in New York. It also showed Dargenio had six prior DWI convictions, four of which were felony DWIs.
Dargenio was subsequently arrested for Felony DWI, Felony Aggravated Unlicensed Operation in the 1st Degree-an E Felony, two counts of Speeding, Unlicensed Operator and Open Container of Alcohol in a Motor Vehicle after a half bottle of vodka was found in the car.
Dargenio was arraigned in front of Palmyra Justice William Abbott and remanded to jail on No Bail to return to Palmyra Town Court on February 12th.