- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Ball, Dorothea Miner
- Updated: January 31, 2014
NORTH ROSE: Age 88, passed away on January 29, 2014 at Wayne County Nursing Home. Dorothea was born on March 10, 1925, in North Rose, a daughter to the late J. Odell Miner and Belle (Kitchen) Miner. She was a 1942 graduate of North Rose High School and a graduate of Rochester Business Institute. She worked in the office at Lyons Canning Co. and H.C. Hemingway. Later, she was a secretary at Xerox Corp. She was a life-long member of the North Rose United Methodist Church, was an officer of the Miner-Young Unit 582 of the American Legion Auxiliary, Xerox Pioneer Club, the OASIS, Rose Historical Society, and the Thomas Minor Society. She loved Gospel and Dixieland music and for years attended the Dixieland concerts at Hector, NY. For years she and her husband hosted the Miner Family Reunion. Dorothea is survived by her son, Douglas (Deborah), daughter, Brenda (Gerald), and son, Alan Kent (Sue Bray); 3 grandchildren, Jeffrey, Gregory and Magdalene; several nieces and nephews; and many special friends. She was predeceased by her husband, Richard E. Ball, in 1995 and sister, Ada Ruth Young. Family and friends are invited to call on Monday, (Feb 3) from 2-4 p.m. at Farnsworth-Keysor Funeral Home, 5025 Main St., North Rose, where a funeral service will follow at 4 p.m. Burial will be in Rose Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Rose Historical Society or to North Rose United Methodist Church. Please visit keysorfuneralhomes.com.