- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Allen, James R.
- Updated: January 9, 2014
LYONS: Age 59, passed away on Thursday, January 9, 2014, at the Wayne County Nursing Home in Lyons. Jim was born on June 29, 1954 in St. Louis, MO, a son to Donald and Beverly Heineman Allen. He worked at Ultralife in Newark for 15 years, and later at Lowe’s in Waterloo as a Plumbing Pro. He loved camping, boating and spending time with family and friends. He is survived by his wife Sharon, 4 children, Brian (Jennifer) of Farmington, Laurel (Brent) Cooney of Newark, Sean (Andrea) of Newark and Jonathan of Lyons; 4 grandchildren, Angelina, Kennedy, Braxton and Presley; and brother, William Allen of Clyde. Predeceased by his parents and sister, Donna Hunt.
Family and friends may call on Saturday (Jan. 11) from 1 to 4 pm, with a service following at 4pm at Weeks-Keysor Funeral Home, 5 Phelps St. Lyons, NY. For those wishing, memorials may be made to the Wayne County Nursing Home, 1529 Nye Rd., Lyons.