- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Updated: February 22, 2014
On Sunday (2/16) at about 4:30 p.m. Jeffrey Moore, age 20, of Lyons was operating his snowmobile southbound near the Tellier Road railroad crossing in Palmyra. He told police he looked back then forward and saw the arms lowering at the crossing, but missed seeing the Amtrak passenger vehicle on his left. He leapt to safety at the last moment and was uninjured, but the snowmobile had its front torn off by the impact.
Charges may be pending following a CSX police investigation.
In another incident on Saturday (2/15) at 2:15 p.m. Jeremy D. Littlefield, age 33, of Sodus was operating his 2004 Arctic cat southbound on a snowmobile trail in the Village of Wolcott. His snowmobile ski hit a railroad track ejecting him from the sled.
Littlefield’s girlfriend attempted to transport him to the hospital by motor vehicle, but stopped at the Alton Fire Department and called 911.
Littlefield was transported to Strong Hospital complaining of shoulder and internal pain. The Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the State Police and Alton Fire Department