- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Pal-Mac Swim Team Wins League Championship
- Updated: January 23, 2014
Pal-Mac stayed undefeated and won their second Finger Lakes League Division 1 Champion in three years after a 115-70 win against previously unbeaten Newark on Tuesday night.
Pal-Mac started their senior night by sweeping the 200 Medley relay to set the tone for the rest of the night. The team of Geldorf, DeMeyers, Callaghan, Green took first. Senior Jack DeMeyers won the 200 IM and 100 Breaststroke to finish his 4 year career with Pal-Mac while senior Gage Geldorf won the 100 Backstroke. Junior Zach Russell was also a double winner, winning the 50 Freestyle and 100 Fly. Sophomore Jake Wilson also won his first diving event of the year with a score of 153.50.
For Newark, Tyler Allen won the 200 and 500 Freestyle and Kyle Power won the 100 free. In the 50 Free Zach Russell out touched Kyle Power by 0.2 seconds. Power then bested Gage Geldorf by 0.09 seconds in the 100 Free.
Pal-Mac coach Jason Stevens said, “I am so proud of the leadership of the senior leadership on this team. We are headed in the correct direction as we enter the championship season with the Finger Lakes League Invitational and Sectionals around the corner. I look forward to seeing the results of their hard work throughout the season.”
Pal-Mac is at the Finger Lakes League Invitational on Saturday, February 1 at 12:00 in Victor.
Double Winners for Pal-Mac
Zach Russell – Junior – 50 Free (23.13) and 100 Fly (57.16)
Jack DeMeyers – Senior – 200 IM (2:19.63) and 100 Breaststroke (1:12.89)
Single Winners for Pal-Mac
Gage Geldorf – Senior – 100 Back (1:01.66)
Jake Wilson – Sophomore – Diving (153.50)
Double Winners for Newark
Tyler Allen – 200 Freestyle (1:58.55) and 500 Free (5:22.98)
Single Winners for Newark
Kyle Power – 100 Freestyle (52.29)