- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Marion Basketball wins Hoops For Hospital
- Updated: December 21, 2013
On Friday, December 13, 2013 the girls’ basketball teams were presented with a champion banner from Hoops for the Hospital. Anthony Richmond, Director of More Than a Game Foundation presented the banner, which was accepted by players Sarah Stripp and Bryannah DeLyser. During last year’s season both players lost a parent to cancer, which made the fundraising effort very personal for the team. The team raised $5,375.00 which was donated to Golisano’s Children’s Hospital in Rochester. This amount was the largest amount raised during last season.
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 the teams will be hosting the 2nd Hoops for Hospital game. Donations are being accepted in two ways ~ by purchasing a t-shirt for $10 or by writing a check-payable to More Than a Game Foundation. The team would like to beat last year’s total. If you would like to make a contribution or have questions, please contact Varsity Coach Tom Nortier at 315-926-2413 or JV Coach/Athletic Director Lori DeLyser at 315-926-2404.