- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Marion Basketball wins Hoops For Hospital
- Updated: December 21, 2013
On Friday, December 13, 2013 the girls’ basketball teams were presented with a champion banner from Hoops for the Hospital. Anthony Richmond, Director of More Than a Game Foundation presented the banner, which was accepted by players Sarah Stripp and Bryannah DeLyser. During last year’s season both players lost a parent to cancer, which made the fundraising effort very personal for the team. The team raised $5,375.00 which was donated to Golisano’s Children’s Hospital in Rochester. This amount was the largest amount raised during last season.
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 the teams will be hosting the 2nd Hoops for Hospital game. Donations are being accepted in two ways ~ by purchasing a t-shirt for $10 or by writing a check-payable to More Than a Game Foundation. The team would like to beat last year’s total. If you would like to make a contribution or have questions, please contact Varsity Coach Tom Nortier at 315-926-2413 or JV Coach/Athletic Director Lori DeLyser at 315-926-2404.