- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Inbee Park wins Wegmans LPGA Championship
- Updated: July 26, 2013
Inbee Park, the LPGA’s top ranked player, defeated Scotland’s Catriona Matthew in a three-hole playoff Sunday afternoon to win the Wegmans Rochester LPGA Championship at Locust Hill Country Club
Inbee Park, shot a 4-under-par 68 in the third round on Sunday morning and a final-round 75 on Sunday the afternoon to force a playoff against Catriona Matthew of Scotland.
Park and Matthew matched pars on the first two holes of the playoff, but Matthew got into trouble on the third playoff hole finding the right rough off the tee. Park hit the green in two and sank a birdie putt from about 20 feet to seal her third major victory.
With the victory Park becomes the seventh woman in LPGA history to win the first two majors of the season. She also captured the Kraft Nabisco Championship in April.
Park has won four events in 11 starts this season and the $337,500 she won keeps her first on the 2013 money list with $1,221,827.
the 36-hole leader who began Sunday with a two-shot lead over Park and Chella Choi finished at 4-under.
Suzann Pettersen of Norway shot the low round of the week, a 65 on Sunday afternoon, to tie for third.