- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Gananda Volleyball Coach Earns 400th Win
- Updated: November 2, 2013
With her team’s win in the Section V Semifinall match up versus Avon, on Wednesday, day night, Joan DiRisio, the Gananda Blue Panther’s girls volleyball coach, earned her 400th volleyball win. The team won in four games: 27-25, 24-26, 25-9, 25-23.
DiRisio, a retired Gananda teacher, has been coaching girls varsity volleyball at Gananda for 31 years. During that time her teams have accumulated 7 Wayne County Championships, 8 Sectional V Titles, and a State Championship in 1997.
John Tichacek the Gananda Athletic director stated, “We are excited that our team has been so successful this year, this career milestone for Coach DiRisio makes Gananda Proud.”