- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Friday Night Scoreboard – October 18th
- Updated: October 18, 2013
Noah Stevens scored a goal in Marion’s 5-1 win against Bloomfield on Friday night. The Black Knights are now 13-2-1 on the season.
Boys Varsity Football
ER/Gananda 27, Wayne 21
Zach Houser connected with Andrew Fischer for a 33-yard TD with five minutes remaining to give the Bombers (6-1) a 27-21 lead. Wayne (4-3) turned the ball over on downs near midfield three minutes left. East Rochester/Gananda was able to convert two first downs to run out the clock. Senior Jake Miller gained 242 yards on 18 carries and Kendrick Watson added 148 yards and a TD on 14 carries for the Bombers. Houser finished 6 of 9 for 85 yards in the win.
Newark 20, Geneva 7
Phil Tack ran for 123 yards and a touchdown and was 8-for-20 for 142 yards and a score for Newark (6-1). Newark ties with Geneva and East Rochester/Gananda for a share of the Finger Lakes East division. Ronel Rooks added 109 yards on the ground and a touchdown for the Reds.
Penn Yan 47, Pal-Mac 3
Clyde Savannah 8, University Prep 6
Girls Varsity Soccer
Sodus 5, World of Inquiry 1
Danielle Colasurdo made 5 saves for Sodus
Boys Varsity Soccer
Marion 5, Bloomfield 1
Hunter DeLyser scored twice and added an assist for Marion.
Penn Yan 4, Newark 2
Pal-Mac 1, Mynderse o