- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Clyde-Savannah Wins Class D Football Title
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Top seed Clyde-Savannah (8-1) rallied to win the Section V Class DD Tournament final by scoring two touchdowns and adding a pair of 2-point conversions in the fourth quarter.
Clyde-Savannah quarterback Joe Faniel, the Most Valuable Player of the game, scored on a two-yard run with 6:01 remaining to put the Golden Eagles into position for the team’s 14th sectional title.
Dylan Scharlau, who played on a sprained ankle, ran for 144 yards with two touchdowns on 33 carries for Alexander (7-2).
The Golden Eagles face either Caledonia-Mumford or Red Jacket in a Class D state tournament qualifier on Nov. 9.
CS – Todd Romano 72 run (Joe Faniel run)