- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Clyde-Savannah Wins Class D Football Title
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Top seed Clyde-Savannah (8-1) rallied to win the Section V Class DD Tournament final by scoring two touchdowns and adding a pair of 2-point conversions in the fourth quarter.
Clyde-Savannah quarterback Joe Faniel, the Most Valuable Player of the game, scored on a two-yard run with 6:01 remaining to put the Golden Eagles into position for the team’s 14th sectional title.
Dylan Scharlau, who played on a sprained ankle, ran for 144 yards with two touchdowns on 33 carries for Alexander (7-2).
The Golden Eagles face either Caledonia-Mumford or Red Jacket in a Class D state tournament qualifier on Nov. 9.
CS – Todd Romano 72 run (Joe Faniel run)