- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Clyde Savannah Advances
- Updated: March 5, 2014
Michael Turner scored 13 points and added 15 rebounds as undefeated Clyde-Savannah (22-0) advanced to the Class C boys basketball state tournament with a 51-40 win against Perry on Wednesday.
Joe Faniel scored 15 points, Kam DiSanto grabbed 12 rebounds and Jason Doig had eight assists for the Class C2 champion Golden Eagles, who last made it to the state tournament in 2000.
Clyde-Savannah trailed 8-3 in the first quarter but outscored Perry (21-2) 24-8 over the rest of the half.
The Golden Eagles led by as many as 19 points in fourth quarter.
Clyde-Savannah advances to play Middle Early College (17-5) in the state quarter finals on Saturday, March 8 at 1:45 p.m.