- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Clyde Savannah Advances
- Updated: March 5, 2014
Michael Turner scored 13 points and added 15 rebounds as undefeated Clyde-Savannah (22-0) advanced to the Class C boys basketball state tournament with a 51-40 win against Perry on Wednesday.
Joe Faniel scored 15 points, Kam DiSanto grabbed 12 rebounds and Jason Doig had eight assists for the Class C2 champion Golden Eagles, who last made it to the state tournament in 2000.
Clyde-Savannah trailed 8-3 in the first quarter but outscored Perry (21-2) 24-8 over the rest of the half.
The Golden Eagles led by as many as 19 points in fourth quarter.
Clyde-Savannah advances to play Middle Early College (17-5) in the state quarter finals on Saturday, March 8 at 1:45 p.m.