- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Clyde Savannah Captures Class C2 Title
- Updated: March 1, 2014
Joe Faniel scored 23 points on 9-for-12 shooting Saturday and Joemaine Bogan added 22 points and earned tournament MVP honors as Clyde Savannah (21-0) defeated Caledonia-Mumford 74-47 in the Section V Class C2 final at Blue Cross Arena on Saturday (3/1).
Clyde-Savannah led 16-9 after one quarter, 35-20 at the half and 56-30 heading into the final eight minutes.
The Golden Eagles, who will play a state qualifier on Wednesday night against Bloomfield at a site to be announced.
Kurtis Haut scored 13 points and Will Van Auken added 12 to lead the Red Raiders (19-2), who shot 18-for-62 (29 percent) for the game including 2-for-14 from 3-point range.
Clyde-Savannah converted 31 of 54 shots for the game (57.4 percent). This was the 13th Section V title for the Golden Eagles.