- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).