- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).