- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).