- Bomb Threat at Garlock Plant
- Three apprehended for armed robberies in Ontario
- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).