- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).