- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Williamson Boys Soccer Wins Section V Title
- Updated: November 2, 2013
No. 4 Williamson 2, No. 3 Mynderse 0
Matt Sperr scored off a pass from Josh McIntosh just 30 seconds into the match and Corey Cristales tallied a goal with 10 minutes left in the first half to propel Williamson (16-4) to its third consecutive Class C1 championship.
Williamson took the opening kickoff and dribbled through the Mynderse defense down to about six yards out left side.
The Marauders will meet Geneseo for the third consecutive year in the Class C state qualifier on Tuesday, November 5 at Spencerport.
Williamson most recently defeated Geneseo 2-0 in Sept, and earned a 3-0 victory in the 2012 state qualifier and a 3-2 win in 2011.
Mike Barbay made 10 saves for Mynderse (15-3-2).