- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Williamson man admits Sex Abuse involving two year old girl
- Updated: December 31, 2011
The incidents began back in September of 2011. Family members began noticing William J. Ras, age 62, currently residing at 5206 Arrowbend Drive in Williamson, becoming overly possessive of the two year-old girl. He insisted on changing the child’s diapers and more alarming, rubbing her thighs as she sat on his lap.
Wayne County Child Protective Services began an investigation of the incidents and on November 4th, Newark Police were called in. During subsequent interviews, Ras admitted sexually abusing the young girl with his fingers.
After completing the investigation. a warrant for Sex Abuse in the 1st Degree was issued for Ras. He turned himself in to the Newark Police on Sunday, Christmas Day, arraigned before Newark Justice Michael Miller and remanded to the Wayne County Jail on $10,000 cash/$20,000 bond.
It is expected that Ras will forgo a preliminary hearing and the case will be headed to County Court.
Records show Ras has no prior arrests, is unemployed and currently on social services.