- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Williamson man admits Sex Abuse involving two year old girl
- Updated: December 31, 2011
The incidents began back in September of 2011. Family members began noticing William J. Ras, age 62, currently residing at 5206 Arrowbend Drive in Williamson, becoming overly possessive of the two year-old girl. He insisted on changing the child’s diapers and more alarming, rubbing her thighs as she sat on his lap.
Wayne County Child Protective Services began an investigation of the incidents and on November 4th, Newark Police were called in. During subsequent interviews, Ras admitted sexually abusing the young girl with his fingers.
After completing the investigation. a warrant for Sex Abuse in the 1st Degree was issued for Ras. He turned himself in to the Newark Police on Sunday, Christmas Day, arraigned before Newark Justice Michael Miller and remanded to the Wayne County Jail on $10,000 cash/$20,000 bond.
It is expected that Ras will forgo a preliminary hearing and the case will be headed to County Court.
Records show Ras has no prior arrests, is unemployed and currently on social services.