- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Weekends in Wayne County
- Updated: July 26, 2012
Summer time can be a struggle for parents. With children out of school for a few months, finding things to keep everyone entertained can be a full time job.
However if you live in Wayne County, then look no further than your own backyard. From Town festivals and community concerts, to craft shows and farmers markets, there’s no shortage of things to do on any given summer weekend.
This Friday and Saturday, July 27th and 28th, The Pioneer Gas Engine association will hold its 48th annual show in Marion. Antique steam and gas engine displays and demonstrations give a unique look back in time.
A variety of food and craft vendors will also be set up to round out the event.
Admission is $2.00/person, Children under 12 are admitted for free.
Just a short drive away in Walworth, the 22nd annual “Festival in The Park” will be happening as well. Beginning Friday Evening at 5 pm, bring the entire family and enjoy a parade, Bingo, food vendors and live entertainment.
Saturday is packed with events from a 5K run in the morning, a ‘Kan-Jam’ tournament in the afternoon and an outdoor movie at 8:45 pm. The event culminates with a fireworks display at 10:15 pm so bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the fun.
If crowds and fireworks aren’t your thing, consider enjoying one of the many parks or trails the county has to offer such as B. Foreman Park pictured here. For more area events from around the county, see our weekend edition.