- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Webster Police make arrest in armed robberies
- Updated: December 2, 2012
On Saturday (12/1) at about 5:30 p.m. the Webster Police Department responded to “Kittleberger Florist” located at 263 North Avenue in the Village of Webster for a reported armed robbery.
Witnesses’ state that a heavy set white female, armed with a long gun, attempted to steal property but was unsuccessful and fled on foot. The description of the suspect appeared to match the description of a suspect wanted in connection with the “Marks Pizzeria” robbery which occurred earlier in the week in the Village of Webster. She is also a suspect in a similar armed robbery at the Mark’s Pizza on Route 441 in Walworth on Friday (11/30) night, just about closing time at 11 p.m.
At about 10:53 pm Officers of the Webster Police Department were notified of a reported armed robbery having just occurred at the “Pizza Hut” located at 1960 Empire Boulevard in the Town of Penfield, near the Webster/Penfield town line. A suspect description was broadcast, matching that of the previous armed robberies at “Marks Pizzeria” and “Kittleberger Florist”
Moments after the broadcast, Web ster Police Sergeant Carl” Adriaansen observed a motorist matching the description of the robbery suspect traveling eastbound on Ridge Road near Hatch Road in the Town of Webster. The vehicle was stopped and the female driver, Barbara Cotie, was taken into custody.
Cotie was charged with Robbery in the first degree. She was remanded to Monroe County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
Additional charges are pending/