- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Update on power outages in Wayne County
- Updated: November 1, 2012
THURSDAY, Nov. 1, 2012:
There are nearly 600 RG&E customers in Wayne County still without power.
The company estimates that it could be Friday night at midnight before everyone is restored. With that in mind the Red Cross will open at least three shelters in Wayne County to assist those without power.
They will be located at: St John’s Church, 54 W. Main St., Sodus; Second Baptist Church, 3689 Main St., Walworth; Lighthouse Community Fellowship, Route 89 in South Butler.
There is a possibility there will be more shelters opening in Wolcott, Williamson and Savannah. Please call the Red Cross at (315) 331-3783.
There will be someone there to answer the phone through this outage. RG&E also has agreed to supply dry ice to those without power — the Wayne County Emergency Management office will coordinate the distribution with the Red Cross.
The Red Cross will likely be going door to door in affected areas, alerting residents.