- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Unofficial Results from Primaries in Wayne County
- Updated: September 10, 2013
- Unofficial results of
Primaries in Savannah and Wolcott
On Tuesday, two primaries were run in Wayne County.
In the Republican race for two Town Board seats in Savannah, Ted Fitch and Jack Sloan took the two board seats with 87 and 89 votes respectively. Challenger Louise Hoffman Broach garnered 48 votes. There were two write in votes, In the race for Town Justice in Savannah, Heath E. TenEyck received 71 votes to Jack Robinson’s 50 votes. Twelve absentee ballots remain uncounted in the Savannah races.
In Wolcott, two Town Board seats were open. Winning those seats in the Primary were Russell B. Freer, Jr. with 71 votes, and Dan Youngman with 64 votes. Chris Loveless was only one vote out with 63 votes. Two write ins were recorded. In Wolcott, 6 absentee ballots have yet to be counted, so that race is too close to call.