- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Understanding How And Where Your Tax Dollars Are Being Spent
- Updated: April 15, 2013
With Tax Day now upon us, many Americans are wondering where their money is going and how it’s being spent. In his 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama announced plans to let American taxpayers go online and see exactly how their federal tax dollars are being spent.
The 2012 Federal Taxpayer Receipt is now online and is available through the White House website at whitehouse.gov
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and the system will give you a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent on programs like education, veterans benefits, or health care.
Additional information including how these numbers are calculated is also available on the site.