- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Understanding How And Where Your Tax Dollars Are Being Spent
- Updated: April 15, 2013
With Tax Day now upon us, many Americans are wondering where their money is going and how it’s being spent. In his 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama announced plans to let American taxpayers go online and see exactly how their federal tax dollars are being spent.
The 2012 Federal Taxpayer Receipt is now online and is available through the White House website at whitehouse.gov
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and the system will give you a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent on programs like education, veterans benefits, or health care.
Additional information including how these numbers are calculated is also available on the site.