- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Understanding How And Where Your Tax Dollars Are Being Spent
- Updated: April 15, 2013
With Tax Day now upon us, many Americans are wondering where their money is going and how it’s being spent. In his 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama announced plans to let American taxpayers go online and see exactly how their federal tax dollars are being spent.
The 2012 Federal Taxpayer Receipt is now online and is available through the White House website at whitehouse.gov
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and the system will give you a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent on programs like education, veterans benefits, or health care.
Additional information including how these numbers are calculated is also available on the site.