- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Understanding How And Where Your Tax Dollars Are Being Spent
- Updated: April 15, 2013
With Tax Day now upon us, many Americans are wondering where their money is going and how it’s being spent. In his 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama announced plans to let American taxpayers go online and see exactly how their federal tax dollars are being spent.
The 2012 Federal Taxpayer Receipt is now online and is available through the White House website at whitehouse.gov
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and the system will give you a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent on programs like education, veterans benefits, or health care.
Additional information including how these numbers are calculated is also available on the site.