- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Understanding How And Where Your Tax Dollars Are Being Spent
- Updated: April 15, 2013
With Tax Day now upon us, many Americans are wondering where their money is going and how it’s being spent. In his 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama announced plans to let American taxpayers go online and see exactly how their federal tax dollars are being spent.
The 2012 Federal Taxpayer Receipt is now online and is available through the White House website at whitehouse.gov
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and the system will give you a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent on programs like education, veterans benefits, or health care.
Additional information including how these numbers are calculated is also available on the site.