- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Two-Year Old Found Unresponsive In Pool, dies
- Updated: July 11, 2013
On July 10, 2013 at approximately 10:05 am, State Police in Lyons responded with Lyons Town Ambulance and Lyons Fire Department to 8217 Westphal Parkway in the Town of Lyons. A 2 year old child boy was found unresponsive in a neighbor’s pool.
The child, David Bender Jr., was presumed to have opened a sliding door to leave his house and head to the neighbor’s pool.
The child was transported to Newark Wayne Hospital for treatment by Lyons Town Ambulance. He was then transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight guarded condition by Mercy Flight.
It was confirmed that on Thursday night, the boy died at Strong Memorial Hospital. The case is still under investigation.