- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Two-Year Old Found Unresponsive In Pool, dies
- Updated: July 11, 2013
On July 10, 2013 at approximately 10:05 am, State Police in Lyons responded with Lyons Town Ambulance and Lyons Fire Department to 8217 Westphal Parkway in the Town of Lyons. A 2 year old child boy was found unresponsive in a neighbor’s pool.
The child, David Bender Jr., was presumed to have opened a sliding door to leave his house and head to the neighbor’s pool.
The child was transported to Newark Wayne Hospital for treatment by Lyons Town Ambulance. He was then transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight guarded condition by Mercy Flight.
It was confirmed that on Thursday night, the boy died at Strong Memorial Hospital. The case is still under investigation.