- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
- Wayne Board hears Parent rebukes of the district’s handling of drunk bus driver incident
- Wayne Central English Teacher Arrested
Two-Year Old Found Unresponsive In Pool, dies
- Updated: July 11, 2013
On July 10, 2013 at approximately 10:05 am, State Police in Lyons responded with Lyons Town Ambulance and Lyons Fire Department to 8217 Westphal Parkway in the Town of Lyons. A 2 year old child boy was found unresponsive in a neighbor’s pool.
The child, David Bender Jr., was presumed to have opened a sliding door to leave his house and head to the neighbor’s pool.
The child was transported to Newark Wayne Hospital for treatment by Lyons Town Ambulance. He was then transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight guarded condition by Mercy Flight.
It was confirmed that on Thursday night, the boy died at Strong Memorial Hospital. The case is still under investigation.