- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Two-Year Old Found Unresponsive In Pool, dies
- Updated: July 11, 2013
On July 10, 2013 at approximately 10:05 am, State Police in Lyons responded with Lyons Town Ambulance and Lyons Fire Department to 8217 Westphal Parkway in the Town of Lyons. A 2 year old child boy was found unresponsive in a neighbor’s pool.
The child, David Bender Jr., was presumed to have opened a sliding door to leave his house and head to the neighbor’s pool.
The child was transported to Newark Wayne Hospital for treatment by Lyons Town Ambulance. He was then transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight guarded condition by Mercy Flight.
It was confirmed that on Thursday night, the boy died at Strong Memorial Hospital. The case is still under investigation.