- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
- Twin Docs follow in each other’s footsteps
- Gananda student faces felony charge after terroristic threats
- Newark Police receive new K-9
- Sodus Chamber Mural under way
- So, you want to be a Sportscaster…
Traffic stop leads to Newark couple’s drug arrest
- Updated: December 25, 2011
The Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team, Wayne-NET, along with the Newark Police Department reported the arrest of two Arcadia residents following a vehicle and traffic stop in the Village of Newark on Wednesday (12/21) at about 10:36 pm.
Matthew L. Simmons, age 27, of Blue Cut Rd. in the Town of Arcadia, was charged with two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, each a class B Felony, and one count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, a class A Misdemeanor.
Ashley E. Carr, age 21, also of Blue Cut Road in the Town of Arcadia, was charged with two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, each a class B Felony, and one count of Unlawful Possession of Marijuana, an Unclassified Violation.
A vehicle and traffic stop was conducted and following a brief investigation and the assistance of Newark Police Department’s K9 Fedor, a large quantity of cocaine was located along with a quantity of marijuana.
Matthew L. Simmons was also charged with being a Parole Absconder. Mr. Simmons is currently being supervised by the New York State Division of Parole following an incarceration for a Drug conviction in 2009.
Simmons and Carr were brought before the Honorable Michael Miller in the Village of Newark Court. Both Simmons and Carr were remanded to the Wayne County Jail pending the posting of bail or their next court appearance set for a later date.