- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Traffic stop leads to Newark couple’s drug arrest
- Updated: December 25, 2011
The Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team, Wayne-NET, along with the Newark Police Department reported the arrest of two Arcadia residents following a vehicle and traffic stop in the Village of Newark on Wednesday (12/21) at about 10:36 pm.
Matthew L. Simmons, age 27, of Blue Cut Rd. in the Town of Arcadia, was charged with two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, each a class B Felony, and one count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, a class A Misdemeanor.
Ashley E. Carr, age 21, also of Blue Cut Road in the Town of Arcadia, was charged with two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, each a class B Felony, and one count of Unlawful Possession of Marijuana, an Unclassified Violation.
A vehicle and traffic stop was conducted and following a brief investigation and the assistance of Newark Police Department’s K9 Fedor, a large quantity of cocaine was located along with a quantity of marijuana.
Matthew L. Simmons was also charged with being a Parole Absconder. Mr. Simmons is currently being supervised by the New York State Division of Parole following an incarceration for a Drug conviction in 2009.
Simmons and Carr were brought before the Honorable Michael Miller in the Village of Newark Court. Both Simmons and Carr were remanded to the Wayne County Jail pending the posting of bail or their next court appearance set for a later date.