- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Town of Ontario man killed in two vehicle crash
- Updated: September 21, 2013
On Thursday (9/19), State Police investigated a two-vehicle fatal motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of Knickerbocker Road and Kenyon Road in the Town of Ontario at approximately 6:50 p.m.
The intersection is controlled by stop signs on Kenyon Road. There are no stop signs for traffic on Knickerbocker Road at that intersection.
A 2006 Ford Explorer, operated by Lindsay B. Schafer, age 30, of Bear Creek Drive in Ontario, was traveling north on Knickerbocker Road.
A 2000 Lincoln four door sedan, operated by Murray E. Thompson, age 81, of Fisher Road in Ontario was traveling west on Kenyon Road.
The Thompson vehicle entered the intersection from the east, after failing to stop for the stop sign and was struck by the Schafer vehicle.
Thompson was flown from the scene to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight, where he was later pronounced deceased.
Schafer and three children who were passengers in her vehicle were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by ambulance, receiving only minor injuries.
They were treated and releasedfrom the hospital.
The cause of the collision is pending further investigation. State Police were assisted at the scene by the Ontario Fire Department, Ontario Rescue Squad and the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department.