- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Town of Ontario man killed in two vehicle crash
- Updated: September 21, 2013
On Thursday (9/19), State Police investigated a two-vehicle fatal motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of Knickerbocker Road and Kenyon Road in the Town of Ontario at approximately 6:50 p.m.
The intersection is controlled by stop signs on Kenyon Road. There are no stop signs for traffic on Knickerbocker Road at that intersection.
A 2006 Ford Explorer, operated by Lindsay B. Schafer, age 30, of Bear Creek Drive in Ontario, was traveling north on Knickerbocker Road.
A 2000 Lincoln four door sedan, operated by Murray E. Thompson, age 81, of Fisher Road in Ontario was traveling west on Kenyon Road.
The Thompson vehicle entered the intersection from the east, after failing to stop for the stop sign and was struck by the Schafer vehicle.
Thompson was flown from the scene to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight, where he was later pronounced deceased.
Schafer and three children who were passengers in her vehicle were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by ambulance, receiving only minor injuries.
They were treated and releasedfrom the hospital.
The cause of the collision is pending further investigation. State Police were assisted at the scene by the Ontario Fire Department, Ontario Rescue Squad and the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department.