- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- DeMay residents experience Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Town of Ontario man killed in two vehicle crash
- Updated: September 21, 2013
On Thursday (9/19), State Police investigated a two-vehicle fatal motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of Knickerbocker Road and Kenyon Road in the Town of Ontario at approximately 6:50 p.m.
The intersection is controlled by stop signs on Kenyon Road. There are no stop signs for traffic on Knickerbocker Road at that intersection.
A 2006 Ford Explorer, operated by Lindsay B. Schafer, age 30, of Bear Creek Drive in Ontario, was traveling north on Knickerbocker Road.
A 2000 Lincoln four door sedan, operated by Murray E. Thompson, age 81, of Fisher Road in Ontario was traveling west on Kenyon Road.
The Thompson vehicle entered the intersection from the east, after failing to stop for the stop sign and was struck by the Schafer vehicle.
Thompson was flown from the scene to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight, where he was later pronounced deceased.
Schafer and three children who were passengers in her vehicle were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by ambulance, receiving only minor injuries.
They were treated and releasedfrom the hospital.
The cause of the collision is pending further investigation. State Police were assisted at the scene by the Ontario Fire Department, Ontario Rescue Squad and the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department.