- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Tip leads to closet marijuana growing operation in the Village of Lyons
- Updated: April 14, 2011
Lyons Police, acting on a tip from a concerned citizen conducted a pre- dawn search warrant at the residence of Tina Marie Schutt, age 47, of 53 B Church Street. Police located a quantity of marijuana growing in the apartment.
Police report that Ms. Schutt had converted two closets into growing rooms. One of the rooms was fairly sophisticated. Ms. Schutt was charged with one count of illegally growing cannabis, a misdemeanor under the New York State Public Health Law.
Police released Ms. Shutt on an appearance ticket to appear on April 25th in Lyons Village Court.