- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
The State Police investigate fatal accident in Walworth
- Updated: January 11, 2014
On Friday (1/10), at approximately 10:07 a.m., the State Police in Williamson investigated a tractor-trailer/car fatal accident on Lincoln Road and Atlantic Avenue in the Town of Walworth.
Stephen Hanna, age 59, from Pittsford, was traveling southbound on Lincoln Road when he stopped at the stop sign at Atlantic Avenue and proceeded through. Witnesses state after he proceeded through the intersection and then stopped and backed up into the path of a westbound tractor-trailer.
Hanna was taken to Strong Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The operator of the tractor-trailer, Timothy Briggs, age 51, from Ontario, was not injured.
Mr. Hanna’s dog was in the car and has been turned over to a family friend.
Mr. Briggs was ticketed for having a suspended license.
The New York State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit is on scene conducting an investigation. The investigation is continuing at this time.