- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
The State Police investigate fatal accident in Walworth
- Updated: January 11, 2014
On Friday (1/10), at approximately 10:07 a.m., the State Police in Williamson investigated a tractor-trailer/car fatal accident on Lincoln Road and Atlantic Avenue in the Town of Walworth.
Stephen Hanna, age 59, from Pittsford, was traveling southbound on Lincoln Road when he stopped at the stop sign at Atlantic Avenue and proceeded through. Witnesses state after he proceeded through the intersection and then stopped and backed up into the path of a westbound tractor-trailer.
Hanna was taken to Strong Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The operator of the tractor-trailer, Timothy Briggs, age 51, from Ontario, was not injured.
Mr. Hanna’s dog was in the car and has been turned over to a family friend.
Mr. Briggs was ticketed for having a suspended license.
The New York State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit is on scene conducting an investigation. The investigation is continuing at this time.