- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
The State Police investigate fatal accident in Walworth
- Updated: January 11, 2014
On Friday (1/10), at approximately 10:07 a.m., the State Police in Williamson investigated a tractor-trailer/car fatal accident on Lincoln Road and Atlantic Avenue in the Town of Walworth.
Stephen Hanna, age 59, from Pittsford, was traveling southbound on Lincoln Road when he stopped at the stop sign at Atlantic Avenue and proceeded through. Witnesses state after he proceeded through the intersection and then stopped and backed up into the path of a westbound tractor-trailer.
Hanna was taken to Strong Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The operator of the tractor-trailer, Timothy Briggs, age 51, from Ontario, was not injured.
Mr. Hanna’s dog was in the car and has been turned over to a family friend.
Mr. Briggs was ticketed for having a suspended license.
The New York State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit is on scene conducting an investigation. The investigation is continuing at this time.