- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Sodus Point man charged with DWI, hits 2 pedestrians
- Updated: July 6, 2013
Sodus Point Police reported the arrest on Thursday (7/4/13) at 2:00 a.m. of a Sodus Point man on South Fitzhugh Street in the village.
It is reported that Travis W. Shockley, age 22 was driving on South Fitzhugh Street, when he hit two pedestrians. The women, ages 20 and 23, were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital with non life threatening injuuries.
Shockley stopped when he realized he hit the pedestrians, and 911 was called to the scene. Shockley was charged with Driving While Intoxicated at a personal injury accident. His blood alcohol level was .11%.
Other charges, including Vehicular Assault are pending Grand Jury action.
Shockey was released to appear before a Grand Jury at a later date.