- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Sodus Point man charged with DWI, hits 2 pedestrians
- Updated: July 6, 2013
Sodus Point Police reported the arrest on Thursday (7/4/13) at 2:00 a.m. of a Sodus Point man on South Fitzhugh Street in the village.
It is reported that Travis W. Shockley, age 22 was driving on South Fitzhugh Street, when he hit two pedestrians. The women, ages 20 and 23, were transported to Strong Memorial Hospital with non life threatening injuuries.
Shockley stopped when he realized he hit the pedestrians, and 911 was called to the scene. Shockley was charged with Driving While Intoxicated at a personal injury accident. His blood alcohol level was .11%.
Other charges, including Vehicular Assault are pending Grand Jury action.
Shockey was released to appear before a Grand Jury at a later date.