- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Sheriff’s Deputy Arrested After Allegedly Falsifying Payroll
- Updated: October 22, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriffs Office reported the arrest on Monday (10/21) at 12:55 p.m. of Brandon Martin, age 31, of Fisher Road in Newark for Filing a False Instrument for Filling in the second degree and Petit Larceny. Both are class A misdemeanors.
It is alleged that Martin, who is a Sheriff’s Deputy, falsified his payroll and was paid a benefit he was not entitled. He was released on an appearance ticked and will appear in Lyons Town Court at a later date. Martin tendered his resignation from the Sheriffs Office.