- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Sheriff’s Deputy Arrested After Allegedly Falsifying Payroll
- Updated: October 22, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriffs Office reported the arrest on Monday (10/21) at 12:55 p.m. of Brandon Martin, age 31, of Fisher Road in Newark for Filing a False Instrument for Filling in the second degree and Petit Larceny. Both are class A misdemeanors.
It is alleged that Martin, who is a Sheriff’s Deputy, falsified his payroll and was paid a benefit he was not entitled. He was released on an appearance ticked and will appear in Lyons Town Court at a later date. Martin tendered his resignation from the Sheriffs Office.