- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Sheriff’s Deputy Arrested After Allegedly Falsifying Payroll
- Updated: October 22, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriffs Office reported the arrest on Monday (10/21) at 12:55 p.m. of Brandon Martin, age 31, of Fisher Road in Newark for Filing a False Instrument for Filling in the second degree and Petit Larceny. Both are class A misdemeanors.
It is alleged that Martin, who is a Sheriff’s Deputy, falsified his payroll and was paid a benefit he was not entitled. He was released on an appearance ticked and will appear in Lyons Town Court at a later date. Martin tendered his resignation from the Sheriffs Office.