- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Sheriff’s Deputy Arrested After Allegedly Falsifying Payroll
- Updated: October 22, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriffs Office reported the arrest on Monday (10/21) at 12:55 p.m. of Brandon Martin, age 31, of Fisher Road in Newark for Filing a False Instrument for Filling in the second degree and Petit Larceny. Both are class A misdemeanors.
It is alleged that Martin, who is a Sheriff’s Deputy, falsified his payroll and was paid a benefit he was not entitled. He was released on an appearance ticked and will appear in Lyons Town Court at a later date. Martin tendered his resignation from the Sheriffs Office.