- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Several families homeless after Macedon fire
- Updated: December 23, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the Macedon Police Department investigated a multifamily structure fire in the Village of Macedon at 6:10 am on Saturday (12/22) at 2 West Street. Flames were observed coming from a second story balcony by a plow operator, Scott Wyman. Wyman, assisted by a Macedon Village employee Jesse Moon, altered the residents of the fire so they could escape. Macedon and Farmington Fire Departments responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. Four of the eight apartments were damaged. Eight families, 17 people ,living in the building were displaced. The Red Cross and the Macedon Town Ambulance responded to the scene to assist these families. There were no injuries in the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigarion.