- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Several families homeless after Macedon fire
- Updated: December 23, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the Macedon Police Department investigated a multifamily structure fire in the Village of Macedon at 6:10 am on Saturday (12/22) at 2 West Street. Flames were observed coming from a second story balcony by a plow operator, Scott Wyman. Wyman, assisted by a Macedon Village employee Jesse Moon, altered the residents of the fire so they could escape. Macedon and Farmington Fire Departments responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. Four of the eight apartments were damaged. Eight families, 17 people ,living in the building were displaced. The Red Cross and the Macedon Town Ambulance responded to the scene to assist these families. There were no injuries in the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigarion.