- Jonathan Taylor nominated by Democrats for Newark Mayor
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Several families homeless after Macedon fire
- Updated: December 23, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the Macedon Police Department investigated a multifamily structure fire in the Village of Macedon at 6:10 am on Saturday (12/22) at 2 West Street. Flames were observed coming from a second story balcony by a plow operator, Scott Wyman. Wyman, assisted by a Macedon Village employee Jesse Moon, altered the residents of the fire so they could escape. Macedon and Farmington Fire Departments responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. Four of the eight apartments were damaged. Eight families, 17 people ,living in the building were displaced. The Red Cross and the Macedon Town Ambulance responded to the scene to assist these families. There were no injuries in the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigarion.