- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Several families homeless after Macedon fire
- Updated: December 23, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the Macedon Police Department investigated a multifamily structure fire in the Village of Macedon at 6:10 am on Saturday (12/22) at 2 West Street. Flames were observed coming from a second story balcony by a plow operator, Scott Wyman. Wyman, assisted by a Macedon Village employee Jesse Moon, altered the residents of the fire so they could escape. Macedon and Farmington Fire Departments responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. Four of the eight apartments were damaged. Eight families, 17 people ,living in the building were displaced. The Red Cross and the Macedon Town Ambulance responded to the scene to assist these families. There were no injuries in the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigarion.