- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Serious head-on snowmobile accident injures four in Rose
- Updated: January 4, 2012
State Police and emergency personnel responded to a field on the property at 3347 Route 414 in the Town of Rose at 7:29 p.m. on Tuesday (1/3) for a report of a two snowmobile head on crash that injured four people.
According to police a snowmobile operated by Oren M. Toulson, age 21, of 2704 Maple Street Road in Lyons, along with a passenger, Benjamin J. Coon, age 12, of 3347 Route 414 in Rose, ran head-on into a second snowmobile operated by Michelle Coon, age 40, of the Route 414 address and her passenger, Josiah Coon, age 9, also of 3347 Route 414 in Rose.
Following the accident, Michelle Coon was transported by Mercy Flight helicopter to University Hospital in Syracuse for serious head and facial injuries. Josiah was taken by ambulance to Strong Hospital in Rochester with a head injury. Oren was transported to Newark-Wayne Hospital with minor facial injuries and Benjamin was taken to Upstate medical with a complaint of head, face and neck pain.