- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
PalMac Rotary Club “Rocks”
- Updated: May 12, 2011
Palmyra-Macedon Rotarian, Cortney Surline, started ROTARY ROCKS! as a project in honor of Caleb Bagshaw, child of her friends Jenny and J. R. Bagshaw.
Club President Cindy Surline and local resident Steve Behlke assisted in refurbishing rocking chairs for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Strong Hospital. For safety reasons, parents of children in the NICU are not allowed to hold a child unless seated. This project began because Cortney learned that there were not enough rocking chairs available in the NICU for parents and family members of the children that were being taken care of in the NICU.
More rocking chairs are needed as the project will continue providing rocking chairs to other child centers in need. Donations of rocking chairs or financial assistance to help cover costs may be directed to Palmyra-Macedon Rotary. Cortney can be reached at (315) 945-0666.