- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Police Investigating Double Homicide in Sodus
- Updated: July 14, 2013
State Police responded to a home on Champlin Road and Route 14 in Sodus after 911 received a call around 4 p.m. on Sunday (7/14) concerning a double homicide and fire.
According to sources, mother and daughter Terri and Stacey Moulton had agreed to check on and feed a neighbor’s cats while he was vacationing in Aruba.
Moulton’s husband became concerned when the women had not returned, and went to the home to check on them. He reportedly discovered the bodies of the two women. A small fire had been started in the residence
The fire was quickly put out and was believed to be intentionally started to cover the crimes. Police are unsure if the women interrupted a burglary, or any other circumstances of the crimes at this time.
State Police worked around the clock conducting interviews in the double murder involving the mother, Terri in her fifties and her daughter Stacey in her thirties.
The residence was secured and police reportedly were going to re-enter the home on Monday morning to search for evidence.
(PHOTO COURTESY News Partner, 13WHAM TV)