- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Police Investigating Double Homicide in Sodus
- Updated: July 14, 2013
State Police responded to a home on Champlin Road and Route 14 in Sodus after 911 received a call around 4 p.m. on Sunday (7/14) concerning a double homicide and fire.
According to sources, mother and daughter Terri and Stacey Moulton had agreed to check on and feed a neighbor’s cats while he was vacationing in Aruba.
Moulton’s husband became concerned when the women had not returned, and went to the home to check on them. He reportedly discovered the bodies of the two women. A small fire had been started in the residence
The fire was quickly put out and was believed to be intentionally started to cover the crimes. Police are unsure if the women interrupted a burglary, or any other circumstances of the crimes at this time.
State Police worked around the clock conducting interviews in the double murder involving the mother, Terri in her fifties and her daughter Stacey in her thirties.
The residence was secured and police reportedly were going to re-enter the home on Monday morning to search for evidence.
(PHOTO COURTESY News Partner, 13WHAM TV)