- Jonathan Taylor nominated by Democrats for Newark Mayor
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Palmyra man found dead following Bills game
- Updated: November 16, 2012
According to Orchard Park Police, David Gerken Jr., age 26, had been ejected from the Buffalo Bills vs. Miami game Thursday night at half-time, apparently for being intoxicated.
David’s older brother and friends had became concerned when the Palmyra man was missing following the game. He reportedly made arrangements to meet his brother and a friend at the bar outside the stadium after the game. His brother called police around 12:30 a.m. Police and ground crews searched the area in the early morning hours, then picked up the search at daybreak with search parties and a helicopter. Using the signal from his cell phone searchers found his body found face down in South Branch Smoke Creek that runs behind Ralph Wilson Stadium Friday, just before 7 a.m.
According to police, the cause of death was not known, but investigators believed he drowned and that hypothermia from sub-freezing temperatures overnight may have also played a role.
The Buffalo Bills Sr. Vice President of Communications released the following team statement on Friday following the discovery of the body:
“We are deeply saddened to hear of this news this morning. While the loss of life is always tragic, the loss of a young life is even more so. Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family. We are currently cooperating with law enforcement officials to find out the details of this unfortunate incident.”
Gerken worked at Heritage Packaging in Victor. He was Employee of the Month in August.