- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Palmyra House Fire – Friday night (7/26)
- Updated: July 27, 2013
A fire, which began at about 6:00 p.m. on Friday (July 26) seriously destroyed the rear of a residence at 125 Fayette Street in Palmyra. Police and firefighters theorize that the fire started in a gas grill which had been placed at the back of the home. Several fire departments, including Palmyra, Macedon, and Williamson, were called out to help battle the blaze and keep in from burning adjacent homes. The fire was put out by around 8:00 pm, but firefighters remained on the scence to ensure there were no “hot spots” left to re-engage the fire.