- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Palmyra House Fire – Friday night (7/26)
- Updated: July 27, 2013
A fire, which began at about 6:00 p.m. on Friday (July 26) seriously destroyed the rear of a residence at 125 Fayette Street in Palmyra. Police and firefighters theorize that the fire started in a gas grill which had been placed at the back of the home. Several fire departments, including Palmyra, Macedon, and Williamson, were called out to help battle the blaze and keep in from burning adjacent homes. The fire was put out by around 8:00 pm, but firefighters remained on the scence to ensure there were no “hot spots” left to re-engage the fire.