- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Palmyra House Fire – Friday night (7/26)
- Updated: July 27, 2013
A fire, which began at about 6:00 p.m. on Friday (July 26) seriously destroyed the rear of a residence at 125 Fayette Street in Palmyra. Police and firefighters theorize that the fire started in a gas grill which had been placed at the back of the home. Several fire departments, including Palmyra, Macedon, and Williamson, were called out to help battle the blaze and keep in from burning adjacent homes. The fire was put out by around 8:00 pm, but firefighters remained on the scence to ensure there were no “hot spots” left to re-engage the fire.