- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Palmyra House Fire – Friday night (7/26)
- Updated: July 27, 2013
A fire, which began at about 6:00 p.m. on Friday (July 26) seriously destroyed the rear of a residence at 125 Fayette Street in Palmyra. Police and firefighters theorize that the fire started in a gas grill which had been placed at the back of the home. Several fire departments, including Palmyra, Macedon, and Williamson, were called out to help battle the blaze and keep in from burning adjacent homes. The fire was put out by around 8:00 pm, but firefighters remained on the scence to ensure there were no “hot spots” left to re-engage the fire.