- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Ontario man reportedly robs Tops Market at knife point
- Updated: September 14, 2013
Wayne County Sheriff’s Investigators Tom Virts and Alan Graham compared notes and hit the jackpot following an armed robbery at the Tops market in the Town of Ontario.
A man entered the store at 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday (9/11) and displayed a long kitchen knife to the cashier near the self-check out line and escaped with an undisclosed amount of money.
Investigator Graham was working the armed robbery case. Virts was working on the investigation into a house burglary that occurred back in August.
Virts was about to arrest Christopher S. Hillen, age 35, of 2028 Paddy Lane in the Town of Onatrio, for the home burglary, where it is believed Hillen took jewelry from the neighbor’s house. It is alleged that Hillen broke a window to gain entry into a neighbor’s home. Upon climbing through the window, Hillen cut his leg, bled all over and then fled the scene.
While talking to Virts, Investigator Graham described the man who robbed Tops, as a person in a hooded sweater. The description matched Hillen who was in custody at the time. Hillen was subsequently arrested for Burglary second degree for the house burglary and Robbery first degree for the Tops incident.
He was arraigned on those charges in the Lyons Town Court and committed to the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bail/$50,000.00 bond. His case is scheduled back in the Ontario Town Court where it will be referred for Grand Jury action.