- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Newark man confesses to Forcible Touching and Endangering two teenage girls
- Updated: March 30, 2013
Newark Village Police reported the arrest on Friday (3/22) of William R. Adams, age 60, of 134 West Pearl Street in Newark for two counts each of Forcible Touching and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
According to police, a 14 year-old girl returned home and told her that while at Adams’ residence, the sixty year-old put his hand up under her shirt and touched her left breast while she was sleeping on a couch.
During the investigation, another 15 year-old family member came forward and said Adams had done the same thing to her last summer.
At first Adams denied the accusations, but after failing a voice stress test, admitted to the crimes. He was arraigned before Judge Williams Shusler and released on his own recognizance to reappear back in Newark Village Court on April 3rd.
Adams is currently on probation for a Felony Driving While intoxicated conviction.