- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Newark man confesses to Forcible Touching and Endangering two teenage girls
- Updated: March 30, 2013
Newark Village Police reported the arrest on Friday (3/22) of William R. Adams, age 60, of 134 West Pearl Street in Newark for two counts each of Forcible Touching and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
According to police, a 14 year-old girl returned home and told her that while at Adams’ residence, the sixty year-old put his hand up under her shirt and touched her left breast while she was sleeping on a couch.
During the investigation, another 15 year-old family member came forward and said Adams had done the same thing to her last summer.
At first Adams denied the accusations, but after failing a voice stress test, admitted to the crimes. He was arraigned before Judge Williams Shusler and released on his own recognizance to reappear back in Newark Village Court on April 3rd.
Adams is currently on probation for a Felony Driving While intoxicated conviction.