- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- Updated: November 26, 2013
On Tuesday (11/26) at about 8:30 a.m., an employee at Wilbert’s U-Pull It auto recycling located at 4936 Route 104 in the Town of Williamson was welding. Owner Ron Wilbert said the welder got called outside to the vehicle lot by another employee for help, and when he returned the building was on fire. Wilbert said a spark from the welder started the blaze. No employees were in the building when the fire ignited. The fire quickly spread, engulfing the entire structure.
Wilbert’s opened its door in April of this year, the third of a large family-owned auto parts business. Their two other full service yards, Wilbert’s Premium Recycled Parts in Webster which specializes in Domestic vehicles and Wilbert’s Lakeside in Ontario that specializes in Foreign vehicles, have been in business for over 70 years combined.
Ron said that with they will continue to run the facility, since the vehicles on the lot are fine and were fully processed already. His intention is to put up a trailer in the front parking lot to serve as a sales office and begin operations around Mid-January.
Traffic was tied up on Route 104 most of the morning. Williamson Fire Company and Rescue answered the call. The building was a total loss.