- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Mom chalks up 2nd Felony DWI-Leandra’s Law arrest
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Newark Village Police received a report of a vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed on Scott Street on Sunday (6/22) at 3:31 a.m. The vehicle was located pulling into 208 Scott Street.
The driver, Catlin M. Caplinger, age 23, of 8A Mobile Drive in Newark was subsequently arrested for Felony DWI/BAC, Aggravated DWI with a blood alcohol level of .23%, DWI-Leandra’s Law with a 5 year-old boy in the vehicle at the time of her arrest, and Felony Aggravated Unlicensed Operation in the 1st Degree.
Caplinger was arraigned and remanded to jail on $50,000 cash/$100,000 bond to reappear in Court. Records show she had a prior DWI-Leandra’s Law arrest with a conviction in October, 2010.
The child was turned over to his grandmother.