- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Mom arrested after relative finds her passed out from drugs
- Updated: May 30, 2014
State Police in Lyons responded to a report of a Palmyra woman who was found, by a relative, passed out at her home. Meghan E. Hinckley, age 25, of 423 East Main Street in the Village of Palmyra was found unconscious. At the time she was supposed to be watching her three children, a 5 month old baby, a 1-1/2 year old child and a 6 year old.
An ambulance transported Hinckley to Newark-Wayne Hospital where she was treated for a drug overdose. According to police, Hinckley became combative with hospital personnel.
Police confiscated a number of prescription pills and a straw with a white powder substance at the scene. The drugs are being tested for identification.
Hinckley was taken into custody at the hospital, transported to the Palmyra Court for arraignment.
She was charged with three counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child. More charges are pending.
A relative took charge of the children.