- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Mom arrested after relative finds her passed out from drugs
- Updated: May 30, 2014
State Police in Lyons responded to a report of a Palmyra woman who was found, by a relative, passed out at her home. Meghan E. Hinckley, age 25, of 423 East Main Street in the Village of Palmyra was found unconscious. At the time she was supposed to be watching her three children, a 5 month old baby, a 1-1/2 year old child and a 6 year old.
An ambulance transported Hinckley to Newark-Wayne Hospital where she was treated for a drug overdose. According to police, Hinckley became combative with hospital personnel.
Police confiscated a number of prescription pills and a straw with a white powder substance at the scene. The drugs are being tested for identification.
Hinckley was taken into custody at the hospital, transported to the Palmyra Court for arraignment.
She was charged with three counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child. More charges are pending.
A relative took charge of the children.