- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Mom arrested after relative finds her passed out from drugs
- Updated: May 30, 2014
State Police in Lyons responded to a report of a Palmyra woman who was found, by a relative, passed out at her home. Meghan E. Hinckley, age 25, of 423 East Main Street in the Village of Palmyra was found unconscious. At the time she was supposed to be watching her three children, a 5 month old baby, a 1-1/2 year old child and a 6 year old.
An ambulance transported Hinckley to Newark-Wayne Hospital where she was treated for a drug overdose. According to police, Hinckley became combative with hospital personnel.
Police confiscated a number of prescription pills and a straw with a white powder substance at the scene. The drugs are being tested for identification.
Hinckley was taken into custody at the hospital, transported to the Palmyra Court for arraignment.
She was charged with three counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child. More charges are pending.
A relative took charge of the children.