- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Missing Red Creek man found dead in wooded area
- Updated: March 24, 2012
A State Police helicopter was asked to rejoin the search for a Red Creek man missing since February 11th. It was the second time the helicopter searched the area in the northeast quadrant of Wayne County for Michael Pupparo, age 46, formerly of 13966 Water Street in Red Creek. Pupparo was reported missing by his longtime girlfriend. The couple had two children together.
Pupparo, who showed no visible means of support, was well known to police with an extensive police record, including alcohol and drug addiction and drug related activity.
The helicopter used the warm clear conditions on Wednesday (3/21) before heavy leaves could cloud an air search. Pupparo’s body was discovered at 1:08 p.m. in a wooded area near Blind Sodus Bay and Smith Roads in the Town of Wolcott.
Police stated that someone reported driving Pupparo to a former residence on Smith Road, where the family had lived until being evicted. He was allegedly doing drugs prior to disappearing.
At this time an autopsy is being performed, but police do not believe foul play had a factor in Pupparo’s death.