- Jonathan Taylor nominated by Democrats for Newark Mayor
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Missing Red Creek man found dead in wooded area
- Updated: March 24, 2012
A State Police helicopter was asked to rejoin the search for a Red Creek man missing since February 11th. It was the second time the helicopter searched the area in the northeast quadrant of Wayne County for Michael Pupparo, age 46, formerly of 13966 Water Street in Red Creek. Pupparo was reported missing by his longtime girlfriend. The couple had two children together.
Pupparo, who showed no visible means of support, was well known to police with an extensive police record, including alcohol and drug addiction and drug related activity.
The helicopter used the warm clear conditions on Wednesday (3/21) before heavy leaves could cloud an air search. Pupparo’s body was discovered at 1:08 p.m. in a wooded area near Blind Sodus Bay and Smith Roads in the Town of Wolcott.
Police stated that someone reported driving Pupparo to a former residence on Smith Road, where the family had lived until being evicted. He was allegedly doing drugs prior to disappearing.
At this time an autopsy is being performed, but police do not believe foul play had a factor in Pupparo’s death.