- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Migrant worker dies in trailer blaze on Williamson farm
- Updated: October 22, 2011
State Police were summoned to a report of a trailer fire at a migrant worker’s camp at 4080 Church Road in the Town of Williamson at 1:04 a.m. on Thursday. The farm belongs to Williamson resident/farmer Jim Peters, but the property was currently being leased out.
According to State Police Investigator Geoff Governor, the trailer was fully engulfed when troopers arrived on the scene. Williamson and Pultenyville Firefighters discovered the body of Fredy (Fernando) Velazquez, age 22, who had a permanent address of Arcadia, Florida.
Two other migrant workers staying in the trailer escaped without injury.
An autopsy report is pending, but witnesses told police that Velazquez had been drinking alcohol heavily before the blaze was noticed. His body was found in a back bedroom of the trailer.