- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Migrant worker dies in trailer blaze on Williamson farm
- Updated: October 22, 2011
State Police were summoned to a report of a trailer fire at a migrant worker’s camp at 4080 Church Road in the Town of Williamson at 1:04 a.m. on Thursday. The farm belongs to Williamson resident/farmer Jim Peters, but the property was currently being leased out.
According to State Police Investigator Geoff Governor, the trailer was fully engulfed when troopers arrived on the scene. Williamson and Pultenyville Firefighters discovered the body of Fredy (Fernando) Velazquez, age 22, who had a permanent address of Arcadia, Florida.
Two other migrant workers staying in the trailer escaped without injury.
An autopsy report is pending, but witnesses told police that Velazquez had been drinking alcohol heavily before the blaze was noticed. His body was found in a back bedroom of the trailer.