- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Migrant worker dies in trailer blaze on Williamson farm
- Updated: October 22, 2011
State Police were summoned to a report of a trailer fire at a migrant worker’s camp at 4080 Church Road in the Town of Williamson at 1:04 a.m. on Thursday. The farm belongs to Williamson resident/farmer Jim Peters, but the property was currently being leased out.
According to State Police Investigator Geoff Governor, the trailer was fully engulfed when troopers arrived on the scene. Williamson and Pultenyville Firefighters discovered the body of Fredy (Fernando) Velazquez, age 22, who had a permanent address of Arcadia, Florida.
Two other migrant workers staying in the trailer escaped without injury.
An autopsy report is pending, but witnesses told police that Velazquez had been drinking alcohol heavily before the blaze was noticed. His body was found in a back bedroom of the trailer.