- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- DeMay residents experience Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Marion man in satisfactory condition after collision with dump truck
- Updated: July 16, 2011
The Wayne County Office of Sheriff investigated a two vehicle personal injury accident at the intersection of Route 350 and Route 441 in the Town of Walworth on Thursday morning at 5:30 a.m.
A dump truck being driven by Kenneth Morrell, age 42 of Rush Mendon Road in the Town of Mendon, was southbound on Route 350 just north of Route 441. Morrell failed to stop for the red traffic light at the intersection and was struck by an eastbound vehicle being driven by James E. Taylor, age 53 of Buffalo Street in the Town of Marion. Mr. Taylor was the only one injured in the collision and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight for treatment of his injuries.
Morrell was issued a traffic ticket for Failure to Stop for a Stop Light. The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by the Walworth Fire Department and Ambulance, Macedon Ambulance, Wayne County Advanced Life Support Unit and Mercy Flight Central.