- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Marion man in satisfactory condition after collision with dump truck
- Updated: July 16, 2011
The Wayne County Office of Sheriff investigated a two vehicle personal injury accident at the intersection of Route 350 and Route 441 in the Town of Walworth on Thursday morning at 5:30 a.m.
A dump truck being driven by Kenneth Morrell, age 42 of Rush Mendon Road in the Town of Mendon, was southbound on Route 350 just north of Route 441. Morrell failed to stop for the red traffic light at the intersection and was struck by an eastbound vehicle being driven by James E. Taylor, age 53 of Buffalo Street in the Town of Marion. Mr. Taylor was the only one injured in the collision and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight for treatment of his injuries.
Morrell was issued a traffic ticket for Failure to Stop for a Stop Light. The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by the Walworth Fire Department and Ambulance, Macedon Ambulance, Wayne County Advanced Life Support Unit and Mercy Flight Central.