- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Marion man charged with Attempted Murder in multiple stabbing of Ontario woman
- Updated: October 20, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a stabbing that occurred in the Town of Ontario On Tuesday (Oct. 16) at about 4:35 a.m.
Deputies responded to 1924 Ridge Road in the Town of Ontario, where a woman reported she had been stabbed. A passing off-duty Sheriff’s Deputy spotted the woman and called for help.
Deputies found a 24 year old female who had been stabbed numerous times in the head, abdomen and hand with a 13 inch kitchen knife. She was able to tell deputies who her attacker was and that the two had a casual relationship. The attacker, a friend, had spent the night at the woman’s residence. One source indicated he wanted the relationship to go further and when she refused, the argument and unprovoked attack took place. The woman received “Major, substantial injuries to her face,” according to police.
The attacker, Barry F. Boekhout, age 52, of 3821 Chaintree Drive in Marion, was not present when deputies arrived,. Police found him at Konstintinou’s Restaurant in the area of Route 104 and Furnace Road in Ontario, where he was taken into custody.
Boekhout was charged with Attempted Murder in the second degree which is a Class A-II felony and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the third degree, which is a Class D felony.
The victim was transported to Rochester General Hospital where she underwent surgery. Boekhout, who has an extensive criminal record with 11 convictions including two felonies, was arraigned in Ontario Town Court in front of Judge Higgins and committed to jail without bail.