- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Macedon Teen loses his life in Manchester crash
- Updated: September 15, 2013
The Ontario County Sheriff’s Office reported a fatal accident on Saturday night (9/14/13) at 10:24 pm on State Route 21 and Johnson Road in the Town of Manchester.
Deputies responded to a three car crash at that intersection. Justin Rifenberg, age 17 of Olympus Drive in Macedon was traveling east in his 2002 Honda Accord, when he failed to stop at a stop sing at Johnson Road at State Route 21. John Javowsky, age 19 of Hammond Road in Palmyra was traveling South on State Route 21 in his Audi A6, when he struck Rifenberg’s vehicle. Rifenberg’s car then spun into the northbound lane, where Jeffrey Myers, age 61 of State Route 21 in Shortsville was traveling north in his Chevy van and struck Rifenberg’s vehicle again. A passenger in Javowsky’s vehicle was Benjamin R. Green, age 19 of Cornwall Road in Palmyra.
Rifenberg was trapped inside the vehicle for a short time and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight after he extricated from the vehicle. While at Strong Memorial Hospital, Rifenberg was unable to overcome his injuries and passed away.
Manchester/Shortsville Fire Department and Shortsville and Finger Lakes Ambulances responded to the scene.
The roadway was closed for several hours while Deputies reconstructed the accident. At this time, the accident investigation is continuing.