- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Macedon Teen loses his life in Manchester crash
- Updated: September 15, 2013
The Ontario County Sheriff’s Office reported a fatal accident on Saturday night (9/14/13) at 10:24 pm on State Route 21 and Johnson Road in the Town of Manchester.
Deputies responded to a three car crash at that intersection. Justin Rifenberg, age 17 of Olympus Drive in Macedon was traveling east in his 2002 Honda Accord, when he failed to stop at a stop sing at Johnson Road at State Route 21. John Javowsky, age 19 of Hammond Road in Palmyra was traveling South on State Route 21 in his Audi A6, when he struck Rifenberg’s vehicle. Rifenberg’s car then spun into the northbound lane, where Jeffrey Myers, age 61 of State Route 21 in Shortsville was traveling north in his Chevy van and struck Rifenberg’s vehicle again. A passenger in Javowsky’s vehicle was Benjamin R. Green, age 19 of Cornwall Road in Palmyra.
Rifenberg was trapped inside the vehicle for a short time and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital by Mercy Flight after he extricated from the vehicle. While at Strong Memorial Hospital, Rifenberg was unable to overcome his injuries and passed away.
Manchester/Shortsville Fire Department and Shortsville and Finger Lakes Ambulances responded to the scene.
The roadway was closed for several hours while Deputies reconstructed the accident. At this time, the accident investigation is continuing.