- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
Macedon man robs local jewelry store
- Updated: October 26, 2011
The Town of Macedon Police reported the arrest of Christopher M. Stefano, age 27, of 46 West Main Street, Apartment #2, Macedon, for Burglary 3rd, Grand Larceny 3rd, Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Third Degree, and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 7th Degree.
Stefano was arrested 3 hours after police responded to a reported robbery at the Lock 60 Jewelry store located on Route 31 in Macedon. Stefano entered the store around 11:45 am on Wednesday (10/26) and asked to see two diamond rings, one valued at $4000 and the other at $3200. When Stefano was handed the rings he ran out the front door to his vehicle and left the scene.
Police were able to develop the suspect’s name and he was located a short time afterwards at his residence. Macedon Police secured a perimeter around the residence with the assistance of the Wayne County Office of the Sheriff, and the New York State Police, and Stefano was taken into custody without incident. Police quickly recovered the two stolen rings at a pawn shop in the City of Rochester, which had been sold for only $250 dollars.
The defendant admitted that he purchased heroin with the money he obtained for the rings.
Stefano was arraigned in the Village of Macedon Court and will be remanded to the Wayne County Jail on no bail due to the fact he is currently on Parole for a prior Robbery 1st Degree.