- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Macedon man already in Jail receives additional charges following Feb. 5th tirade
- Updated: February 23, 2012
On February 5th, 2012, the Sheriffs Office responded to the American Legion for the report of a disturbance. An intoxicated male was reported to have placed his ex-girl friend’s car in neutral and rolled it into another vehicle. Police responded to investigate.
Before they could get to the Legion, 911 received a report of a garage fire. The fire was at the ex girlfriend’s home only minutes from the Legion. The Macedon Fire Company responded and quickly extinguished the blaze at 13 North Erie Street in Macedon.
A subsequent investigation found that the fire was intentionally set. On 2/19/12, Sheriffs Investigators charged a Macedon man with intentionally setting his ex-girlfriend’s garage on fire. Brent M. Ashley, age 31, of 253 Country Circle, Macedon, who was already in jail for causing significant damage to his ex girlfriend’s car at the Legion, was additionally charged with Arson in the Third degree and Burglary in the Third degree.
Ashley was arraigned in the Palmyra Town Court, where Judge Rodman read the charges and adjusted Ashley’s bail to $40,000 cash/$80,000 bond. Ashley was re-committed to The Wayne County Jail. His case will be heard in The Macedon Village Court in the near future.