- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Macedon man already in Jail receives additional charges following Feb. 5th tirade
- Updated: February 23, 2012
On February 5th, 2012, the Sheriffs Office responded to the American Legion for the report of a disturbance. An intoxicated male was reported to have placed his ex-girl friend’s car in neutral and rolled it into another vehicle. Police responded to investigate.
Before they could get to the Legion, 911 received a report of a garage fire. The fire was at the ex girlfriend’s home only minutes from the Legion. The Macedon Fire Company responded and quickly extinguished the blaze at 13 North Erie Street in Macedon.
A subsequent investigation found that the fire was intentionally set. On 2/19/12, Sheriffs Investigators charged a Macedon man with intentionally setting his ex-girlfriend’s garage on fire. Brent M. Ashley, age 31, of 253 Country Circle, Macedon, who was already in jail for causing significant damage to his ex girlfriend’s car at the Legion, was additionally charged with Arson in the Third degree and Burglary in the Third degree.
Ashley was arraigned in the Palmyra Town Court, where Judge Rodman read the charges and adjusted Ashley’s bail to $40,000 cash/$80,000 bond. Ashley was re-committed to The Wayne County Jail. His case will be heard in The Macedon Village Court in the near future.