- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Macedon Ambulance establishes Palmyra-Macedon Scholarship
- Updated: November 1, 2012
Macedon Town Ambulance recently presented a $500 scholarship to the Palmyra-Macedon Chapter of Dollars for Scholars. The scholarship will be presented to a graduating senior at the Annual Awards Night in June. The scholarship will be awarded to a senior who intends to pursue a career in a medical field. Students who have volunteered in a medical service program or apprenticeship will be given special consideration.
The Macedon Volunteer Association was formed in 2008 to assist the Town of Macedon Ambulance Department. According to Paul Harkness, Director of the Emergency Services, the Ambulance Department responded to approximately 850 requests in the past year. The Volunteer Association organizes fundraisers, provides schooling for ambulance drivers and medic volunteers, offers CPR classes to the public and provides blood pressure clinics. Last year the volunteers organized a project that provided over 5,000 individually wrapped blankets to needy recipients both locally and as far away as Iraq and Afghanistan. This year’s 3rd annual Macedon Public Safety Golf Tournament raised over $6000 to support the organization’s programs.
Founded in 1989, the mission of Pal-Mac Dollars for Scholars is to help young people achieve their dream of college. Through the generosity of local citizens, members of the Class of 2012 were awarded over $118,000. If you would like to establish a scholarship for your business or family, contact Lindsay Daniel at 597-3435 or Joan DeCann at 597-6374.