- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Lyons woman arrested after dog found emaciated in back yard
- Updated: January 6, 2011
The Wayne County Office of Sheriff reported the arrest on Wednesday (12/29) of a Lyons woman for Failure to Provide Proper Sustenance for an Animal. Tammy Snyder, age 43 of Zurich Road, in the Town of Lyons was arrested after it was alleged that she failed to provide the proper sustenance for an animal. Police and Animal Cruelty Investigators found Snyder’s lab-mix dog named Biscuit, chained in the back yard of the residence. A veterinary report showed the dog was severely emaciated and weak with a sparse hair coat. Biscuit was seized by the Humane Society of Wayne County. Snyder signed over the dog and it had to be euthanized.
Snyder was issued an appearance ticket and will appear before the Lyons Town Court at a later date.