- Jonathan Taylor nominated by Democrats for Newark Mayor
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Lyons woman arrested after dog found emaciated in back yard
- Updated: January 6, 2011
The Wayne County Office of Sheriff reported the arrest on Wednesday (12/29) of a Lyons woman for Failure to Provide Proper Sustenance for an Animal. Tammy Snyder, age 43 of Zurich Road, in the Town of Lyons was arrested after it was alleged that she failed to provide the proper sustenance for an animal. Police and Animal Cruelty Investigators found Snyder’s lab-mix dog named Biscuit, chained in the back yard of the residence. A veterinary report showed the dog was severely emaciated and weak with a sparse hair coat. Biscuit was seized by the Humane Society of Wayne County. Snyder signed over the dog and it had to be euthanized.
Snyder was issued an appearance ticket and will appear before the Lyons Town Court at a later date.