- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Lyons woman arrested after dog found emaciated in back yard
- Updated: January 6, 2011
The Wayne County Office of Sheriff reported the arrest on Wednesday (12/29) of a Lyons woman for Failure to Provide Proper Sustenance for an Animal. Tammy Snyder, age 43 of Zurich Road, in the Town of Lyons was arrested after it was alleged that she failed to provide the proper sustenance for an animal. Police and Animal Cruelty Investigators found Snyder’s lab-mix dog named Biscuit, chained in the back yard of the residence. A veterinary report showed the dog was severely emaciated and weak with a sparse hair coat. Biscuit was seized by the Humane Society of Wayne County. Snyder signed over the dog and it had to be euthanized.
Snyder was issued an appearance ticket and will appear before the Lyons Town Court at a later date.