- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Lyons man charged with Predatory Sexual Assault involving 5 year-old boy
- Updated: May 7, 2011
On Wednesday (5/04), State Police in Lyons arrested Michael G. Ellersick, age 26, of 5A North Joy Street in the Village of Lyons, for Predatory Sexual Assault Against a Child (Class A-II Felony) and Endangering the Welfare of a Child (class A Misdemeanor).
Ellersick allegedly forced a five year old male to perform oral sex on him at his residence on three different occasions in October of 2009.
Ellersick is married and has a daughter, born March 1st. He shows no visible means of support and has five prior convictions including Unlawfully Dealing with a Child, Menacing, Endangering with a Unlawfully Dealing with a Child. He was arrested by Palmyra Village Police in 2007 for Sexual Assault 1st Degree for allegedly touching a 5 year old female. The charge was reduced to Endangering the Welfare of a Child, due to the weak evidence in the case, and he got 3 years probation, which expired in December 2010.
The current case came to light when the five year-old told an adult and the adult called the Child Protective Services hotline.
Ellersick was arraigned in the Village of Lyons Court in front of Village Justice Nicholas Forgione and committed to the Wayne County Jail without bail. He was scheduled to return to the Village of Lyons Court on 05/11/11 at 8:30 a.m. The Lyons Village Police Department assisted with the arrest.
Since Ellersick has not been convicted of any prior sex crimes, he is not currently listed on the NYS Sex Offender Registry