- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Lyons man charged with Predatory Sexual Assault involving 5 year-old boy
- Updated: May 7, 2011
On Wednesday (5/04), State Police in Lyons arrested Michael G. Ellersick, age 26, of 5A North Joy Street in the Village of Lyons, for Predatory Sexual Assault Against a Child (Class A-II Felony) and Endangering the Welfare of a Child (class A Misdemeanor).
Ellersick allegedly forced a five year old male to perform oral sex on him at his residence on three different occasions in October of 2009.
Ellersick is married and has a daughter, born March 1st. He shows no visible means of support and has five prior convictions including Unlawfully Dealing with a Child, Menacing, Endangering with a Unlawfully Dealing with a Child. He was arrested by Palmyra Village Police in 2007 for Sexual Assault 1st Degree for allegedly touching a 5 year old female. The charge was reduced to Endangering the Welfare of a Child, due to the weak evidence in the case, and he got 3 years probation, which expired in December 2010.
The current case came to light when the five year-old told an adult and the adult called the Child Protective Services hotline.
Ellersick was arraigned in the Village of Lyons Court in front of Village Justice Nicholas Forgione and committed to the Wayne County Jail without bail. He was scheduled to return to the Village of Lyons Court on 05/11/11 at 8:30 a.m. The Lyons Village Police Department assisted with the arrest.
Since Ellersick has not been convicted of any prior sex crimes, he is not currently listed on the NYS Sex Offender Registry